4th of July release: “… can’t think of a more fitting way to mark a day that celebrates freedom than by releasing more free software to help democratize publishing around the globe” – Matt Mullenweg
The hype is a tad much for the release of WordPress 3.2, but hey Americana rules today, so why not hype it up?
Here at Dia Media, we’ve been running WP 3.2 release candidate for a week of so now, and have noticed it feels faster and lighter. This feeling of lightness is mirrored by the default font – Helvetica Neue.
- the showcase template – haven’t figured out how to wrestle it into submission yet
- the Format options for posts – makes it simpler for Gallery posts
- the full screen mode – although would like to be able to see the full “kitchen sink” toolbar at glance
- Goodbye IE 6 – I know your death was greatly spoken of, but with this release you are now buried
- the Name – Gershwin – what’s not to like?
- Haven’t found anything super annoying or missing (yet!) and as was working with release candidate (until now) will wait and see if anything leaps out.